EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Orthopedic Exercise Specialist
- Certified Rock Steady Boxing Instructor
- Certified Parkinson’s Cycling Instructor
- Schwinn Cycling MPOWER Indoor Cycling Certification
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Adaptive training for people with Parkinson’s Disease
- Functional training for all ages
- Weight loss/weight maintenance
- Group cycling
Fitness and athletics have always been a part of my life. However, in my early 40’s I was told I would need a knee replacement. This was not the direction I wanted to go and with the help of a personal trainer, I was able to work through my injuries, avoid a knee replacement, and return to a very active lifestyle. This experience inspired me to obtain my personal training certification in 2012.
Since that time, I’ve worked with individuals and groups of all ages and abilities to achieve weight loss, overall fitness, or training for a specific event. I’m fueled by a desire to change people’s lives. Training is an opportunity for me to share my enthusiasm, encourage others to live a happier and healthier life, and recognize what they are capable of. I like to encourage people to step outside their comfort zone and to realize with the right training program and support, they can achieve any goal and have fun in the process.
In March of 2016, I achieved my Rock Steady Boxing (RSB) Certification. RSB is a non-contact boxing based group fitness program for people with Parkinson’s Disease (PD). I am also certified in Parkinson’s cycling/spinning. My involvement with RSB and working with people with PD has turned into a passion for me. I also provide one-on-one training to clients with Parkinson’s.